Swampy's Story is the first story in Where's My Water?. Swampy's Story is including in the App Payment, alongside the Lost Levels. In this story, the player must help Swampy with his broken shower. Swampy loves to be clean, unlike most of the other alligators, but Cranky and the other alligators have now sabotaged his shower and have broken Swampy's pipe system. Now the player must help Swampy by guiding the water back to Swampy's bathtub by using all their puzzle-solving skills, and their finger! The next story is Allie's Story.
In Where's My Water? Free, the first 5 levels of the first 3 chapters are available to play.
- After completing a level, a curtain closes (Covering the screen) and a silhouette of Swampy singing can be seen behind it. The player can tap on the curtain to move it from left to right.
- Prior to an unknown update, Swampy would cry if you failed a level. This was replaced with him moping.
- The fanfare that plays when you finish a level changes depending on the amount of Ducks the player collected.
- Other characters like Allie and Cranky only appear in cutscenes.
- There's a total of 6 level songs on this mode. These play in a successive order and change when the player either finishes a level or goes back to the menu. This would make Swampy's Story the mode with the most level songs, as Cranky's has 4, Mystery Duck's has 3 and Allie's only has 2.