Cranky Mystery Ducks are a variant of Mystery Ducks which appear in Mystery Duck Challenges.
- Cranky Mystery Ducks are found in some Mystery Duck challenges. A new Mystery Duck challenge appears every 24 hours, but a different type of Mystery Duck will likely feature.
- When a player collects a Cranky Mystery Duck and completes the challenge, it is added to the Mystery Duck counter. For every three Mystery Ducks collected, a new Duckie costume is unlocked.
- Cranky Mystery Ducks require five drops of Purple Water to fill and collect. All other Fluids, except Steam will kill Cranky Mystery Ducks. If the Cranky Mystery Duck is killed or if the level is completed without it being collected, the level fails.
- Once all Duckies that are unlocked with the Mystery Duck are unlocked, Mystery Duck challenges will no longer appear, thus, neither will the Cranky Mystery Duck.
- While Full, the Cranky Mystery Duck takes on the appearance of a full Cranky Duck with a green, black and white tuxedo. He wears a top hat with a green ribbon that has a card stuffed within.
- While Empty, the Cranky Mystery Duck takes on the appearance of an empty Cranky Duck with a tuxedo in various shades of green. His top hat remains the same.